This simple Fuel Economy Calculator computes your average fuel consumption based on
your distance traveled and amount of liters used.
RULES and REGULATIONS
* The above parameters are only set as guidelines.
Participants are therefore reminded that safe driving should still remain the first priority
during the event.
- Each team must be composed of at least one (1) driver and one (1) navigator.
- Upon registration, each team will be given an event manual that contains event
procedures, rules and regulations and fuel economy tips. Roadbook will be given
on the actual date of the event.
- All participating vehicles shall have the same starting point and end point.
- NORMAL, DAY-to-DAY driving style is required from participants. Likewise, traffic
rules and regulations must be followed.
- All participating vehicles will be filled up with gasoline up to full tank level
in Petron Diego Silang (C-5) / Petron Marilao (NLEX - North bound) and Petron Balagtas
(NLEX - South bound).
- To ensure consistent filling up of gasoline, there is only one official marshall
per fuel pump who will fill up all vehicles to the same level. After filling up,
fuel lid cover will be sealed.
- In Petron Diego Silang / Petron Marilao (starting point), tripmeter A must be set to zero.
Actual check-out time will be recorded by the designated marshall.
- A/C unit must be turned ON during the entire run. Temperature control dial
(thermostat) of the air-conditioning (A/C) unit and the fan control dial (blower)
will be positioned depending on the participants’ usual and most comfortable
setting. Recommended A/C blower and thermostat setting is at the LOWEST level.
Also, recirculation button has to be turned ON while the mode control button has
to be directed to the location of driver and navigator. After setting the desired
A/C level, designated marshall shall seal the ff: thermostat dial, blower dial,
A/C button, recirculation button, and mode control button since participants are
no longer allowed to change A/C settings until the competition is finished.
- It must be noted that standard safety apparatus (i.e. spare tire, tools, warning
signs) must be intact inside the trunk. These will be checked by the assigned
marshall before sealing the trunk. Hood will likewise be sealed. Once flagged-off,
competing vehicles can no longer open hood, trunk and fuel lid.
- Upon arrival in Petron Marilao (end point city driving) / Petron Balagtas (end point highway driving),
check-in time, Trip A kilometer reading and amount of fuel filled in will all be recorded. A/C pipeline
will also be inspected to ensure that the A/C unit was turned ON during the entire run.
- Fuel consumption will be determined by refueling the fuel tank. The refueling of
each finisher will be supervised by the Technical and Scrutineering Committee
(composed of HCPI Associates and AAP Representatives). The quantity of fuel refilled
shall be recorded in liters.
- Computation of fuel economy rating is as follows:
- Participants are given two hours (2 hrs) to finish the City Driving and one hour and
thirty minutes (1.5 hrs) to finish the Highway Driving part of the run. Teams
arriving beyond 3.5 hours (City and Highway Driving combined) will be penalized an
additional ˝ liter of gasoline, for every 5 minutes in excess of 3.5 hours.
- Unmarked vehicles will be tasked to observe any infractions or violations during
the entire run.
- For the Scrutineering:
- The decision of the technical committee (including AAP representative) is final.
Protest may be filed within 1 hour after the announcement of winner(s). In case
of a tie, the team with the shortest travel time will be declared as the WINNER.
- To ensure normal driving style from participants, the following parameters will